To υπουργείο εξωτερικών της Ιαπωνίας ανακοίνωσε τις λεπτομέρειες για το 7ο Διεθνές Βραβείο Manga, έναν θεσμό που δίνει την ευκαιρία σε δημιουργούς εκτός Ιαπωνίας να προβάλλουν το έργο τους και να διαγωνιστούν για το καλύτερη μη ιαπωνικό manga. Λεπτομέρειες για τη διοργάνωση, αλλά και τη διαδικασία συμμετοχής στο διαγωνισμό θα βρείτε στα δελτία Τύπου που μας έστειλε η Ιαπωνική Πρεσβεία.
The Seventh International MANGA Award
The application period is from Monday, April 15, to Friday, May 31. Applications should be sent to each of Japan’s diplomatic missions abroad (excluding permanent missions) or the post office box of the Seventh International MANGA Award directly.
The International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then-Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr. Taro Aso with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas. It has been held every year since its establishment. This year as well, the Seventh International MANGA Award Executive Committee decided to hold the Seventh International MANGA Award.
The best MANGA from among all of the submitted works will be awarded the Gold Award. The next three best MANGA shall receive the Silver Award. Recipients will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During the stay in Japan, they will also have exchanges of opinions with Japanese MANGA creators and to visit publishing companies and other places.
The Seventh International MANGA Award Guidelines for Application
To promote MANGA overseas.
2. Conditions of Entry
(1) The MANGA works (24 or more pages) must be produced in countries
outside Japan. Both published and unpublished works are eligible except works which received the past International Manga Awards.
(2) The MANGA works should be produced within three years of date for apply.
(3) The works must be submitted in printed form.
(4) Overseas publishing companies are permitted to apply for the Seventh International MANGA Award only if they confirm that their MANGA artists agree that their works are bring submitted.
(5) Only one work may be submitted per person.
Only one work is accepted under one title (or series)
In case you are applying a collection of short stories, you may apply only one story.
No more than one application per work will be accepted. A second application will be counted as invalid application.
3. How to Apply
(1) Application Period
15 April 2013 – 31 May 2013 (entries must arrive by 31 May)
Applications should be sent to either i) or ii) below.
i) Japanese Embassies or Consulates General (See the website for the
ii) P.O.Box MBE715
The Seventh International MANGA Award Executive Committee,
Yanagiya Taiyo Building 1F, Nihombashimuromachi 4-3-16, Chuo-ku,
Tokyo 103-0022, JAPAN
(2) Two copies of the works must be submitted.
(Additional copies may be requested for works which win the award.)
(3) Please ensure the entry form, filled in either in English or Japanese, is attached to the works.
(4) Please ensure that page number is indicated in every page.
When submitting a copy of your work (Not a published book),
Please indicate clearly if there is any specific two-page spread in your work)
4. Return of Works
The submitted works will not be returned to applicants. Therefore, if works
have not yet been published, the original should be retained by the artist. We
might donate submitted works to public organisations, or exhibit them.
The Seventh International MANGA Award Evaluation Committee is in charge of the selection procedure.
(1) The Gold Award of the Seventh International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA and approximately three works of merit will receive the Silver Award.
(2) The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan for around 10 days as supplementary prize for the award ceremony.
7. Award Ceremony
The award ceremony will be held in Tokyo in January 2014.